Pinoys2Canada | Pinoys2Canada is the best Canada immigration consultancy in the Philippines. Expert on Student Visa, Working Permit, Visitors, and all kinds of Canadian Visa.


Work permit

If you are not a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident, you require a work permit if you want to work in Canada. To obtain a Work Permit, you need an employer who has applied for and obtained a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Service Canada.

If you want to work in Canada, you must understand the following important information:

Your employer helps determine if you are eligible. Your employer may need to get a labour market opinion from Human Resources and Social Development Canada (HRSDC). A labour market opinion confirms that the employer can fill the job with a foreign worker. You will find more information about which jobs do not require a labour market opinion under each section on the Eligibility to apply page. You can also find out more about HRSDC labour market opinions in the Frequently asked questions in the Related Links section at the bottom of this page.

To work in Canada, you must meet the general requirements for entering the country and for staying here, in addition to those for getting a work permit. This means you may need a temporary resident visa. For information on visas, go to the Visit section on the left-hand side of this page.

A work permit is not an immigration document. It does not allow you to live in Canada permanently. To live here permanently, you must qualify under an immigration category, such as skilled worker. Live-in caregivers can stay in Canada permanently if they meet certain requirements. If you want your spouse or common-law partner and your dependent children to come with you to Canada, they must apply to do so.