Canada Experience Class
If you are a temporary foreign worker or a foreign student who graduated in Canada, you may be eligible to apply under the Canada Experience Class to become a permanent resident. You should have knowledge of English or French and qualifying work experience.
Requirements to apply for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class. You must:
- plan to live anywhere in Canada except the province of Quebec
- be either:
- a temporary foreign worker with at least two years of full-time (or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada, or
- a foreign graduate from a Canadian post-secondary institution with at least one year of full-time (or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada
- have gained your experience in Canada with the proper work or study authorization
- apply while working in Canada – or – within one year of leaving your job in Canada
- include the results of an independent language test (from an agency designated by CIC) with your application
According to the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC), skilled work experience means:
- Skill Type 0 (managerial occupations) or
- Skill Level A (professional occupations) or
- Skill Level B (technical occupations and skilled trades)
Your application will be assessed on two requirements if you apply as a temporary foreign worker:
- your work experience and
- your ability in English or French.
If you apply as a graduate of a Canadian post-secondary educational institution with Canadian work experience, it will be assessed using the above requirements, as well as:
- your education.